Today was a busy, yet fun-filled day. Chris was gone most of the afternoon, so I used that time to shop for his upcoming birthday on October 1st (can't reveal what I got him, yet). I knew if I said I had to go shopping any time while he was home that he would know I was shopping for him!
Then I helped our friends, Jess & Tyler, paint their new house because they are moving in this coming weekend! Crunch time!
Then it was off to the Tailgating Extravaganza, which was held out in our church parking lot right next to a huge field where all the Upward Sports games are played. It was a ton of fun and a great turn out...I'm sure there was at least 100 people running around.
A group of us friends had a spot and served coney dogs and pop, complete with cornhole! There were many other tailgate stations with yummy food, like pulled pork, ribs, chocolatey sweets...even O'Charley's came out and served ribs, chicken and salad!
There was even a bounce house (I wish I could have jumped around), face painting and a guy making cool stuff with balloons for all the kids. And of course our awesome worship band was out there jamming!
You're probably wondering why in the world we were tailgating in our church parking lot...A FOOTBALL GAME, OF COURSE! The pastors of WRCC played the coaches of the Upward Football league in a game of flag football! Chris got "hired for the day" to play on the pastoral team and did a great job on defense!
It was fun to watch. Close game, but the coaches won! Sorry babe :)
...and a football game wouldn't be complete without an awesome mascot!...miss Haleigh Comp!
umm...I took pictures and a couple videos which I will have to upload later since I apparently misplaced the adapter to my computer for my camera and can't seem to find it anywhere...grrr :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment