Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bad Dog!

Chris let me sleep in all morning, so when I came downstairs and found him napping on the couch I didn't want to wake him. I let our dog, Paoli, out on her chain in the backyard, ate some breakfast, and when I went to let her back in she had somehow got off her chain!

Oh great! Usually it takes a good hour when this happens to get her back home! I had to wake Chris up from his nap after all!

She was only a few houses down and she was in the middle of leaving a present in one of our neighbor's yards. I tried running over to her to put her on her leash before she finished, but I didn't get there in time. I thought, "Oh great, this is going to be so much fun!" :-/

I was sprinting only a few steps behind her until I thought I was about to pass out! Man, am I out of shape! Thankfully, she stayed on our side of the street and she got trapped between our neighbors to fences. It was a good thing she didn't go on the other side of the street where there is an easement that I would have had to chase her down. On our side of the street you can build your fence all the way to the privacy fence, so I was able to trap her and take her back home. At least it only took about 5 minutes this time, rather than an hour!

This is why we need to finish our fence, so we won't have to worry about her getting our chain! Bad dog!

1 comment:

  1. EVA!!!! Ouch!!! I cannot believe that it was not painful- just painful to look at huh!?! This is crazy but I'm just happy that you are okay. Was it on your right or left hand- I forgot to look? Does it look like you can get anytime off work!?! :) Well, thanks for the post to keep us in the loop and for taking one for the team! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete